Friday, September 2, 2011

The Search

Searching has been the theme of these last two weeks in particular: searching for the right church, searching for the right job, searching for new friends, but always searching.

On the job front, I have finally given up having the immediate perfect editing or writing job, or any immediate editing or writing job. I think this was prompted by the realization that we'll be out of money by September 20. Instead, I took a clerical test this week to try for an executive secretary job (I got a 90! Thanks Lord for keeping me clear-headed!). I interviewed at housing for front desk work, and I'm due for a third interview at Red Robin today after my personality test at Outback. And Brooks Bros. called yesterday to offer me a position pending an interview.

Despite not really wanting any of these off-campus jobs (because I want to write and edit and have a career) I am overwhelmed once again at God's faithfulness to us.

Also, the communication department says I can freelance for them as soon as I can provide a writing sample. Too bad all my journalism pieces are on a laptop that's been dead since freshman year of college. And the writing center director says I can come work for her as soon as there's enough business! And the woman at American Printing House for the Blind is going to file a restraining order when she hears the number of messages I've left on her voicemail.
Or, maybe, I'll have worn her down enough that she'll interview me, fall madly in love with my charm and stone cold editing skills, and offer me a job on the spot. Eh, Laura Zierer? How's that sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment