Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Fairest Fairs

Ben and I just came back from the farmer's market at Beargrass Christian Church and oh my goodness I cannot wait to take my mother (or Ben's)! Fresh cheeses, loaves from Great Harvest Bread Company, Sunergos coffee (started by Southern students), crepes, breakfast burritos, and fresh tamales! And then of course farmers from Kentucky and Indiana sharing their peaches and herbs and cantalopes and eggplants with us.

Now all need is a job so I can stock my fridge and my belly! Speaking of which, the Southern Seminary job fair was on Thursday. It produced some interesting results: two companies that have contacted me since and one that I will stay in touch with because they manage employment for a company seeking copywriters.

Herein lies my quandry: Do I take a job that God provides because I need the money, even if it isn't my dream job? Or do I wait on God to show me something that I'll love and want to do long term? This is the quandry of the young adult world right now; at least all of us who haven't found employers eager to fund our dearest ambitions.

I think my best find this week has potentially been Consuming Louisville, which although very tofu-happy, is the documenting of new meets and eats all over the city. I plan to follow their adventures until I know the city well enough to discover my own.

And now I'm off to work on a new story while my very studious husband reads oh-so-many chapters of theology.

Love,
Megen

PS: I tried my first Heine Bros (pronounced Hiney) latte on Wednesday. It was good: smooth and not too sweet. But $4.72 is too too much for a medium latte and they spilled it down the side of the cup. And there were no big comfy chairs. I rate it a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment