Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Old Friends in a New City

Megen writing!

Well, the job hunt officially began yesterday. After two years as a behavioral counselor, I think it's time to take a break from kids and counseling and look for a job in my major, though a local private school says I can teach AP European History without a teaching certificate. tempting...


I've applied on campus, though they only have part-time positions available right now. Today, most interestingly, I sent my resume to the American Printing House for the Blind to work as an Audio Book Editor. Basically, I'd work with narrators on pronunciation and flow and then edit the recordings. So, I'm hopeful!

Today we ate dinner at KT's Restaurant and I had my first Kentucky Hot Brown. This was especially cool because we ate with Brian Kettring and his family, who my parents knew the last time I lived in Louisville, as a three-year-old. Their daughter, Emily, was my first best friend and we have many home videos together. She is now married to a seminary student, too! Brian also had some good stories about my dad biking in 80's style tennis shorts. So that image has now been seared into my mind. Thank you sir.

One of the most surreal things about Louisville has been re-meeting people and places that I've known my whole life. Louisville is home to my earliest childhood memories and yet a totally new city, full of discoveries and promised explorations.

Speaking of which, the goal for tomorrow is to learn to drive these streets without Ben in the car. Pray extra hard for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment